A second round of auditions will be held on Sunday, 9 February 2020, for the following roles:
- Joseph’s brothers (excluding Simeon, Judah, Zebulum, Benjamin)
- Additional male ensemble
- Additional children’s chorus (boys/girls, ages 7-16)
(All other roles have been cast from auditions held December 2019. You can view the current cast list here.)
For full audition information (including how to book and preparation materials), please read below.
How to book auditions:
Please book via TryBooking: https://www.trybooking.com/BHULX
Sunday, 9 February 2020 – audition schedule:
- 3.30pm-5.00pm – children’s group audition
- 5.15pm onwards – individual adult adutions
Auditions to be held at St Martin’s Anglican Church Campbelltown (3 Gorge Road, Paradise).
Important notes about auditions:
1. Children interested in being part of the children’s chorus must attend the children’s chorus group audition on Sunday, 9 February 2020 (session runs from 3.30pm-5.00pm). Individual auditions will not be required for children.
- During this audition, children will be workshop two songs with the Musical Director, and some simple movement with the Choreographer. Children are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the two songs – excerpts for those songs are provided in the list below, under the ‘Excerpt/s for download’ section.
- Parents, please make sure to provide some food and refreshments for your child, to have during breaks.
2. Individual adult auditions will be booked as 15-minute slots.
- Auditionees will be asked to perform a song of their own choosing, to showcase their abilities and who they are. They will be expected to sing the song in full (and offbook), and should bring their own backing track to the audition (backing tracks should be in MP3 format, saved to a USB stick).
- In addition, the audition will involve going through specific excerpt/s from the show, and some simple choreography that will be taught at time of audition. Excerpt/s can be downloaded from the list below, under the ‘Excerpt/s for download’ section.
3. Please refer to the updated ‘Information Pack’ for full role information.
4. All auditionees must print out and complete the ‘Audition Application Form’ and bring this to their audition. They must also bring a head-to-shoulders photo of themselves to attach to the form.
5. The Production Team are not looking for you to be 100% show ready. What they are keen to see is who you are and what abilities you bring. What they’re also looking for is a teachable cast – and one ready to have fun with this amazing show!
Excerpt/s for download:
You can download excerpt/s directly from the list below (list shows excerpt/s for available roles, only). Click here to access the backing tracks to these excerpt/s.
Brothers solo excerpts
*Notes. If interested in playing the role of the Ishmaelites/male ensemble, male auditionees should familiarise themselves with the ‘Brothers solo’ excerpts. No special accents will be required during auditions, or for the show itself since ‘Joseph’ is a mostly sung-through musical.
Queries? Please contact the team via [email protected]
A reminder that the show dates for ‘Joseph’ are 17-18 July 2020, and 22-25 July 2020 (evening performances at 8pm, with Saturdays also including a 2pm matinee). Rehearsals commence Sunday, 29 March, 2020.